The Barbados Athletes Commission is inviting nominations for athletes to serve as members of the Barbados Athletes Commission pursuant to Section 4 of the Charter for seven (7) Athlete Commission Members (one of whom will be elected Chair) for the period 2022 – 2024.
Seven (7) seats on the Commission will become available with current chair, Anicia Wood, and members, Martyn Forde, Sheena Gooding, Amber Joseph, Kyle Maxwell, Tanya Oxley, and Shawn Simpson finishing their terms. All members are eligible for re-election.
Candidates must adhere to the following guidelines in order to be eligible to be elected:
1. The elected members must be an Athletes as defined below;
2. “Athlete” means an individual who:
a) is a national of Barbados and at least 16 years of age
b) has represented Barbados at an international multi-sport event on the Olympic, Panam Sports, Centro Caribe Sports, or CGF Sports program at any time in his or her sporting career; and
c) has never received any sanction in relation to the World Anti-Doping Code.
d) at the time of his/her nomination and election to the Commission is participating at a national level in a sport on the Olympic program or has done so within the previous eight years.
- Athletes as defined above are eligible to make nominations and to vote.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- All nominations must be accompanied by a brief candidate profile and picture of the Nominee.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically via the below form.
Deadline for NominationsNominations must be received on or before 00:00 (midnight), May 30, 2022. Nominations submitted after this date and time will NOT be considered under any circumstances.
Please click the below link to submit your nominations.